Upon my appointment, the company was in start-up phase. I was involved in developing and implementing the turnaround sales and profit strategy which enabled the company to generate profits and become financially sustainable. The turnaround sales and profit strategy led to a R15millon improvement to the company’s profit line within 2 years.
Key aspects of my contribution to the strategy, included:
- Optimisation of business processes, which included the introduction of technology.
- Restructuring of the organisation’s organogram.
- Introducing and heading up the project management office, which has enabled the company to better manage the rollout of customer deployments. The customer deployment cycle as a result has improved by 60%.
- Negotiating a R5million overdraft facility.
- Improving the liquidity of the business through alternative payment methods with blue-chip clients and suppliers. This has significantly improved the financial stability of the organisation, which was a critical requirement when I joined the organisation.
- Heading up the CSI and BEE strategy. Key successes included the development of qualifying black owned enterprises, as well as creating job employment for previously disadvantaged (and disabled) individuals via socio economic development.